Things are looking Rosy at La Cantera Resort & Spa in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
PINKS ON THE PATIO On Plaza San Saba and GLOW at Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness benefit WINGS
What: One in eight women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. La Cantera Resort & Spa, is going PINK in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and names WINGS its beneficiary of a month-long campaign. Last year La Cantera Resort donated $16,000 to WINGS from the overall resort wide donation initiatives.
Every Thursday Evening, October 1-22, during the month of October, the La Cantera Family will be raising its glasses – and donations – to the efforts and actions of WINGS. Pinks on the Patio, just off the main lobby entrance, will feature live music every Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m., $11 cocktails, $10 Chandon Brut Rosé and One Hope Chardonnay will be served with complimentary pink popcorn; $2 from each drink special will go back to WINGS. Social distancing and mask requirements will also be adhered to.
GLOW, a night under the Texas stars at Loma de Vida Spa & Wellness, from 7 to 10 p.m., October 14 and 28 also benefits WINGS. Guests will enjoy a co-ed experience with live music, individual charcuterie and a mini bottle of Chandon in a socially distanced setting, masks required upon entry and throughout the spa. Guest will be able to explore the Himalayan Salt Saunas; Herbal Steam Rooms; Vitality Pools and outdoor infinity edge pool and heated Jacuzzis. Tickets are $100 per person, $5 of each ticket goes to WINGS. Ages 21 and older only, swimwear required at all times.
Landscaping on Plaza San Saba just off the resort’s main lobby will have a rosy hue at dusk, as PINK LED lights bring focus to the Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
When: October 1 – October 28
Note: Landscaping will cast a pink glow nightly beginning Thursday, October 1 through 31 – photography, live weather and news shots welcome
Where: La Cantera Resort & Spa – Plaza San Saba patio at Sire Bar (16641 La Cantera Parkway)
WINGS’ mission is to bridge the gap between diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, providing comprehensive breast health services to women in Central and South Texas who are uninsured…because everyone deserves a lifetime.
- WINGS is the only program of its kind in the country providing this kind of support for women with breast cancer.
- Provided support to over 900 South Texas women with breast cancer.
- Provided over $12 Million in healthcare services to women with breast cancer.
- Over 95% of the women treated through WINGS are still living, as a result of the program.
- Since its inception in 1999, WINGS has seen five-year survival rates for the women it serves increase from zero (untreated breast cancer) to 100% for Stage I disease.
- Received the Guidestar Gold Seal demonstrating a commitment to transparency.
- Maintains an efficiency rating of 94%, which is above that of the average nonprofit organization.